URBAN CHESTNUT IS OPEN…ISH – LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR NEW OPERATING PROCEDURES
PLEASE BE ADVISED- WE WILL BE OPERATING WITH LIMITED OCCUPANCY, HOURS, and MENUS.
While we are looking forward to seeing our patrons return, we want to assure everyone, that when you visit UCBC, you will be in a safe and welcoming environment. We will be following the Restaurant Operating Protocols outlined by STL Regional Business Recovery Initiative, and we will be operating with limited capacity, hours, and menu offerings as we gradually reopen. We also understand and respect that not everyone will be ready to visit us. As such, our beer & Take 'n Bake pizza carryout and delivery services will remain operational.
Outlined below are our new operating guidelines for the Bierhall and Biergarten. These guidelines are subject to change at any time, so please ensure you review them prior to making a visit to Urban Chestnut. If you’re planning to visit us today, please take a moment to read through our current guidelines:
MIDTOWN BIERGARTEN Guidelines as of July 28, 2020:
Temporarily Closed. We hope to reopen soon!
GROVE BIERHALL Guidelines as of July 28, 2020:
W-Th 5-10pm | Fr, Sa 12-10pm | Su 12-7pm
view the waitlist ("Widget inactive" = No wait!)
- Masks required for entry.
- Some outdoor seating available.
- No reservations required. You’ll be added to our Waitlist if there’s a wait.
- Groups of 10 or less.
- Credit cards only.
View our current beer and food menus on our Grove Bierhall page.
• Our staff’s health and safety and our patron’s safety is extremely important. Our staff’s temperatures will be checked before each shift and each individual staff member will be required to declare that he/she is asymptomatic as pertains to COVID-19, prior to working each shift. Throughout each shift, our staff will be wearing masks, and they will be frequently washing their hands and sanitizing between each table visit.
• We ask all of our patrons to self-monitor and not visit our establishment if they are exhibiting any of the symptoms of COVID-19. Additionally, we require all patrons to wear masks during their visit to our establishment. We understand this is not possible when you are actively eating or drinking, but please do so at other times.
• Our carryout operations will remain located at the Bierhall entrance, which will also be the entrance for our dine-in customers.
• For the protection of our staff & guests, we are limiting total capacity to 70 guests at a time. The Bierhall fire code allows for 432 people. Thus, we will be operating the Bierhall at approx. 16% of it’s usual capacity.
• We are not accepting reservations. If you approach the Bierhall entrance and are not immediately invited in, please utilize the Waitlist.Me site on your smart device and you will be seated in order of “Listing”. You can add yourself directly to the list by clicking here.
• When there is a wait for seating we ask you to please wait away from the entrance or in your car. You will be notified by Waitlist.Me when your table is ready.
• Traditionally the Bierhall has been a place for our community to gather, and we hope to work toward that again, but now is not that time. Seating is limited to 10 people or fewer per table and bar seating will NOT be available.
• To encourage social distancing while in the Bierhall, we will be offering table service. One of our staff will direct you to your table. Please help us keep everyone safe by staying at your table, as much as possible, during your visit. Our staff will bring your drinks and food to your table.
• Our food offerings include burgers, pretzels, our U.R.B. 14-inch pizzas, and more. You will have a dedicated server assigned to your table who will take your beer and food order. All orders will be delivered to a designated area on each table. When you are finished, please place all empty glassware and dishes in this area, and our staff will pick them up.
• We are not accepting cash, and we will not be handling your credit card. Your server will bring a card reader to your table when you are ready to pay. Tips are not necessary, but are of course most welcomed. If you would like to leave a tip, you will verbally indicate the amount to your server by saying one of the options below:
o Option A: 15%
o Option B: 20%
o Option C: 25%
o Option D: custom amount (please indicate dollar amount)
• To ensure safe-distancing during restroom usage, we will be operating two, single person, bathrooms. These bathrooms will be regularly cleaned and sanitized during hours of operation.
• We ARE offering growler refills. Bring in your UCBC (or outside brewery) growler and fill it with your favorite UCBC bier on tap.
Thank you for continued support and patience as we navigate our operations through this time of uncertainty. As we learn more in the coming days, we will evolve our approach as may be required, and we will continue to keep everyone abreast of developments and future actions that may be necessary to balance our staff's health and our patrons’ health alongside the welfare of our business.
Our Grove location has a full kitchen, with a bit broader selection, from salads to sandwiches to oysters.
Visit our Midtown location for lighter fare & sandwiches, featuring meats roasted in-house and produce from our Urban Garden and local farms.
Pizza and Beer
Visit The U.R.B. for New York-style pizza-by-the-slice & and canned UCBC beers.
Urban Chestnut's fourth brewery is located in the Hallertau region of southern Germany, near our Brewmaster's home town.